2nd International Advanced Sinus Dissection Course
Berlin, March, 22nd to 23rd 2018
we are very happy to invite you to the “2nd International Advanced Sinus Dissection Course” in Berlin taking place from March, 22nd to 23rd, 2018. This course of Sinus Academy is designed as high-end training for advanced sinus surgeons.
Endonasal ‘Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery’ (FESS) has evolved as the standard technique for treatment of nearly all kinds of sinus disease. A multitude of different surgical techniques has been developed in the last years focusing on different diseases and special manifestations beyond the range of these established indications. Endonasal or transnasal surgery has proven to be effective also in adressing lesions right in or even beyond anatomical boundaries of the paranasal sinuses.
The „Advanced Sinus Dissection Course“ teaches current techniques of extended sinus surgery: maxillary sinus, frontal sinus, orbita, pterygopalatine fossa, the anterior skull base.
Special highlights of our Advanced Sinus Dissection Course are:
- Structured anatomic preparation, each step referring to clearly defined anatomical landmarks, after concise lectures and master dissection.
- Training places for dissection are very well-equipped with HD-videoendoscopy, a large variety of microsurgical instruments, shaver and navigation.
- Intensive supervision with at least one experienced supervisor for two dissection places.
- Specific adjunctive course material like access to essential videoclips of all important surgical steps as well as accompanying hand-outs are inclusive as well as
- Participation at our course dinner on Thursday evening.
Each complete, nature-identical anatomical specimen is subjected to preparation by two participants.
We would be pleased to welcome you in the remarcable ambience of the new congress center located in the former “Kaiserin-Augusta-Hospital” in Berlin, Scharnhorststraße 3.